- Spot UV Guide
- The image to be Spot UV varnished can be a vector graphic, text, shape, solid colour or picture (need to trace out the Spot UV part for picture).
- Vital elements (text, images, logo, etc) must be kept within the Safe Zone.
- Fill the area/image to be Spot UV varnished with PROCESS BLACK (K=100).
- No tint or gradient effect allowed.
- Registration of image to be Spot UV varnished must be accurately aligned with CMYK print artwork.
- Spot UV NOT applied to outlines or outlines of a table (Outlines may cause unattractive mis-registration more noticeable).
- Spot UV NOT applied at gluing area.
- Font size is not less than 4pts (Based on Arial font type size)
- Small logos which contain wording, the fonts is not less than 4pts.
- Not using a font type with a sharp end edge (e.g.: Serif font).
- Line thickness is not less than 0.5pts.
- Spot UV can only be applied to Front or Both Sides.
- Artwork is prepared in the correct PRODUCT SIZE TEMPLATES
- All guidelines and text descriptions is PRODUCT SIZE TEMPLATES are REMOVED.
- Artwork is saved in required file format: Adobe Acrobat Document 4 – version 1.3 (*.pdf) (jpeg file not accepted).
Colour mode: CMYK colour mode ONLY
- 2 files are prepared:
- File 1 – Artwork without image to be Spot UV varnished
- File 2 – Artwork of image to be Spot UV varnished (Save your file with transparent background).